- 2# ground pork
- 1 t black pepper
- 1 t cumin
- ½ t clove
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ c paprika of choice
- 1 T c dried oregano
- 1T meat spice (you can buy this from me. If you don't have it, replace with 1T kosher salt and 1T salty tears of the ill-prepared)
- ¼ c scant cider vinegar mixed with ¼ c scant ice cold water
Mix all the spices into the vinegar / water mixture. Massage into the meat until thoroughly distributed.
- 1 onion, yellow or white, small dice
- 2-3 green pepper, small dice--you want equal parts onion and pepper
- 1 whole bulb garlic, minced (yep, a bulb, not a clove. This recipe isn't for the faint)
Saute onion and pepper in coconut oil until it wilts and starts to color. Add chorizo and cook thoroughly, stirring and chopping with spatula to keep in small chunks. Add garlic and stir another minute until garlic smells amazing and meat is done. Set aside to cool.
Make Empanada Batter:
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 1.5 c almond flour
- 1.5 c tapioca flour
Mix to make batter. Cook ¼ c in non stick pan over medium until firm enough to move. Slide onto pan lined with parchment and dusted with almond flour. Spoon cooked meat mix into middle and pinch closed, using the parchment to help fold closed. Brush w/ egg wash, sprinkle with chopped almonds, and transfer to a baking sheet dusted with almond flour. Repeat until you are out of batter. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until crispy.